You’ll learn how to create resilient and effective budget spreadsheets in this enlightening presentation by Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA. David demonstrates helpful techniques, such as how to separate inputs from calculations, streamline formula writing, preserve key formulas, create both operating and cash flow budgets, implement several key Excel functions, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
- Apply and isolate all user entries to an inputs worksheet and protect all calculations and budget schedules on additional worksheets
- Recall how to use range names and the Table feature to create resilient and easy-to-maintain spreadsheets
- Calculate borrowings from, and repayments toward, a working capital line of credit
- Going beyond simple rounding with the ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN worksheet functions.
- Avoiding the complexity of nested IF statements with Excel’s CHOOSE function.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Using range names to streamline formulas and bookmark key inputs within a workbook.
- Using the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
- Learning how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
- Excel Users
- Income Tax Preparers
- Enrolled Agents
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Government Personnel
- Every Practitioner seeking to build budget spreadsheets that can be updated effortlessly and that contain easy-to-follow supporting calculations