With HIPAA regulations that were created in the 1990’s, clinical practices need to learn how to apply a common-sense approach to HIPAA compliance. Being in compliance with HIPAA involves not only ensuring you provide the appropriate patient rights and controls on your uses and disclosures of protected health information, but you also have the proper policies, procedures, and safeguards in place.
After completing this webinar, a practice will have a clear roadmap for what needs to be place when it comes to all of the HIPAA requirements and know how to look at the Code of Federal Regulations that pertain to HIPAA.
This webinar will breakdown the HIPAA Implementation Specifications so organizations can clearly understand the requirements and what safeguards must be in place. If your practice needs to understand the requirements of HIPAA compliance or make sure your current compliance program is adequate and can withstand government scrutiny, please join us for this informative and interactive course.
- Why was HIPAA created?
- Who Must Comply with HIPAA Requirements?
- What are the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules?
- What is a HIPAA Compliance Program?
- How to Make Sense of the Code of Federal Regulation
- What is meant by “Required” and “Addressable” Implementation Specifications?
- What are Administrative, Technical, and Physical Safeguards Requirements?
- What is a HIPAA Risk Assessment?
- What are HIPAA training requirements?
- How to Prevent HIPAA data breaches from occurring
- What are the penalties and fines for non-compliance and how to avoid them?
- HIPAA Violation – Case Examples
- Interactive Q&A Session
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Practice Managers
- Information Systems Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- General Counsel/lawyer
- Office Manager
- Medical Billing Companies
- Any Business Associates that accesses protected health information