This session will provide some insight into current trends in cybersecurity threats to medical devices and how to follow industry best practices to prevent and/or mitigate these threats.
Cybersecurity is a serious concern for medical device safety and effectiveness. Without protection, software running on a medical device could cause severe injury or death to a patient.
There are many forms of cybersecurity and many remedies for thwarting attempts to penetrate medical device software. Most of these are based in physical and logical security practices that are becoming best industry practices.
This webinar will detail some of the threats and ways to mitigate them to protect consumers from harm.
Why You Should Attend:
Providing safe and effective medical devices is in the best interests of all those involved in the development, manufacturing, testing, and distribution of these products.
One of the largest current threats to these devices working safely and effectively is cyberattacks that can wreak havoc on code and device functionality. Preventing these attacks by identifying sources of threats and rooting them out before they can take effect is of the utmost concern.
In this webinar, you will learn just how cyberattacks threaten medical devices and how industry is currently responding to them. We will discuss the many ways of preventing and mitigating the cybersecurity risk, and about the industry best practices that can help your company do the same.
- Cybersecurity and guidance on device software
- Most common problems faced by industry in terms of medical device security, efficacy, and safety
- Best practices and industry standards to meet the challenges of cybersecurity and other threats to devices and software
- Medical Device Manufacturing
- Packaging and Distribution Companies
- In some cases, the Medical Device Software will be provided by a Software Development Firm vs. The medical Device Company Itself
- In some cases, the Medical Device will Deliver a Drug to a patient, and so those Working in the Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology Industries may have some Interest in this Topic