Making sure the companies have accurate financial statements to reduce unnecessary fraudulent transactions that cost companies thousands of dollars each year. Understand how payroll frauds occur and how to design and implement internal controls/tools to help prevent and detect payroll fraud.
The misappropriation of cash and fraudulent financial reporting are ongoing concerns for many business managers and owners. Payroll fraud is one of the most common forms of employee theft and is often exceedingly difficult to detect. One of the challenges to stopping payroll fraud is keeping abreast of the different types of scams that exist. Often the internal controls that are necessary to help prevent and detect payroll frauds are missing or ineffective. This webinar will help you understand the legal rules around detecting and deferring payroll fraud. The speaker will review tools that companies can use to make sure that fraud can be deterred or detected immediately.
Objectives of the Presentation:
- Payroll Fraud Statistic’s-How big of a problem is it?
- How does payroll fraud occur?
- Preventing Payroll Fraud
- Internal Controls
- Tools (Process Maps, Business Continuity Plans, Process Documentation)
- Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Requirements
- Ethical Business Practices
- An understanding of what is fraud & key indicators to look out for
- Red flags of typical payroll fraud schemes
- Practical strategies to prevent/detect payroll fraud
- Common risk factors companies face related to payroll fraud
- Tools to reduce the chances of payroll fraud
- Understanding laws that can affect payroll fraud and how to handle them
- Review the Sarbanes Oxley 404 requirements for publically traded companies and how they are intended to reduce payroll fraud … And much more
- HR Departments
- Payroll Departments
- Business Owners
- Business Managers
- Internal / External Auditors
- Corporate Accountants
- Government Accountants
- Not-for-profit Accountants
- Risk Management Personnel
- Forensic Accountants