Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, introduces you to several lookup functions in this informative webcast. These powerful Excel functions, including VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH, and CHOOSE, allow you to rapidly develop accurate spreadsheets and look up information, such as pay rates, item prices, and accounting results, versus manually linking to specific cells. David explains the context of when to use lookup functions, demonstrates troubleshooting techniques, and prepares you to deal with subtle issues that can prevent lookup functions from working properly.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Simplifying multiple-field look-ups with concatenation (combining fields together into a single cell).
- Learning why the INDEX and MATCH combination often is superior to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP.
- Learning about the IFNA function available in Excel 2ExcludeInclude3 and later.
- Seeing what types of user actions can trigger #REF! errors.
- Using VLOOKUP to look up data from another workbook.
- Employing the SUMIF function to add up values related to multiple instances of criteria that you specify.
- Avoiding the complexity of nested IF statements with Excel’s CHOOSE function.
- Understanding the importance of absolute references within many lookup functions.
- Troubleshooting other errors VLOOKUP can present, such as #REF!, #NAME!, and #VALUE!.
- Seeing how the HLOOKUP function enables you to perform horizontal matches.
- Exploring why VLOOKUP sometimes returns #N/A instead of a desired result.
- Learning about the MAXIFS function available in certain versions of Excel 2ExcludeInclude6
Who Should Attend:
- Investment Analysts
- Financial Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Forecasting & Planning Teams
- M&A Specialists (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Risk Managers
- Strategic Planners
- Capital Expenditure Planners
- Cost Accountants
- Managerial Accountants
- Other Accounting and Finance Professionals
- Human Resources Departments
- IT Departments
- Banking Professionals
- Insurance Professionals
- Excel Users in Regulated Lifesciences Industry
- Logistics and Supply Chain Professionals
- Sales and Marketing Professionals