This webinar with expert speaker Dayna J. Reum, will go into detail that employers face when paying terminated associates. Dayna will review everything from final pay to stock options and payments to employees that may occur years after they terminate, along with reviewing the difficult situation when you have to pay terminated employee’s legal settlements.
She will also cover the tax implications and how to handle taxes and several different types of termination pay. Due to the complexity of payments and laws in several states protecting terminated employees, it is important for your payroll department to understand these laws to ensure compliance.
- Review of different types of term pay from vacation pay to golden parachute payments.
- Discussion around Stock options and deferred compensation after termination
- Taxation concerns in regard to payments made to terminated employees
- Timing of final pay for terminated employees including state law requirements
- Year-end concerns
- Discussion around death payments paying and reporting
- How to handle legal settlements
- Record Retention Concerns
- Best Practices
- Payroll Departments
- HR Departments
- Benefits Professionals
- Accounting Professionals
- Small Business Owners