This course provides an overview of strategic planning and a proven method for executing on your goals. Hoshin Kanri (also known as Hoshini Planning, strategy deployment or policy deployment) is a method for involving your entire organization in delivering a combination of breakthrough performance and daily management.
With this strategic planning process in place, you can, in fact, align your strategic objectives with the specific resources and action plans needed to make them happen. The result, a sustained competitive advantage in quality, delivery, cost and innovation.
Many employees and leaders struggle to understand how they contribute to organizational objectives and how what they do on a daily basis really impacts the big picture. Planned use of Hoshin Kanri and the X-matrix can help create a visible link for everyone to understand their personal contribution. Once understood, employee engagement and productivity easily increases allowing change to become easier. Hoshin Kanri, when applied effectively in any industry, is the most powerful tool to effectively align an organization’s activities to its true north.
Hoshin Kanri provides a method for creating a comprehensive communication system between all levels of employees throughout the entire organization-insuring all activities are in alignment with the organization’s objectives. This methodology insures that everyone in an organization knows the strategic direction of the organization and focuses each person in a common direction. A “catch-ball” environment is supported where goals, strategies, and action items are tossed back and forth between management levels to insure that each level is engaged and proactively working towards achieving planned results at a higher level.
- Understand what strategy deployment is
- Learn how Hoshin Kanri simplifies strategy deployment
- Identify the likely challenges as well as the likely benefits of using Hoshin Kanri
- How to gain a method for linking your major strategy objectives with the resources to execute them
- How to apply the seven-step Hoshin Planning process across your organization
- Back and forth refinement system known as ‘catch-ball’
- How to integrate other strategic planning tools, including the Balanced Scorecard
- How to cascade priorities throughout the organization and communicate everyone’s role
- Get a solid overview and path forward for considering alignment of the organization towards meeting top level goals
A must attend training for:
- Senior leaders in search for a strategic planning method for setting breakthrough objectives and aligning the entire organization in achieving them
- Experienced leaders who require to successfully executing on strategic goals in their areas
- Managers and executives responsible for carrying out cascaded priorities