Understanding who and what earnings are subject to unemployment taxes. A review of FUTA tax rate and tax depositing. Discuss Form 940 changes and common mistakes made. How FUTA & SUTA interact and why it is important to understand.
Discussion on the status of the state unemployment system and how it will affect your job in the coming years. Details of the FUTA Credit Reductions. What is the SIDES program and what its impact will be. How to reduce and maintain your SUI rates.
Why You Should Attend:
For years the only changes payroll professionals had to worry about was normal rate changes for state unemployment each year. But in recent years the IRS has made updates to the federal Form 940 and states are in a much different position financially regarding unemployment benefits. Because several states are faced with depleted funds, changes are occurring on payroll unemployment taxes.
Areas Covered in the Session :
- Form 940 Basics and how to Properly Complete
- Form 940 Changes
- FUTA and how to Properly Calculate
- FUTA and SUTA and how They Interact
- Experience Ratings and how they Work
- SUI Tips and Tricks to keep Cost Down
Who Should Attend:
- Human Resources Departments
- Payroll Departments
- Payroll Tax Professionals