This course teaches any employee the Lean Six Sigma philosophy and how to apply it in their job on a day-to-day basis. Participants will learn each phase of Six Sigma’s DMAIC methodology and their use as a part of the continuous improvement program. Students will understand how implementation of Lean Six Sigma method ties directly to and demonstrates compliance with the core principles of ISO 9001 and its sister ISO Quality Management System (QMS) standards. Participants will also leave this course with an understanding of overview of Lean Six Sigma tools, methods and their application as well as, effectively engage under supervision in their organization’s continuous improvement program.
- Overview of Lean Six Sigma
- The meaning and use of Lean Six Sigma philosophy
- Communicate using Lean Six Sigma concepts.
- Relate Lean Six Sigma concepts to the overall business objectives.
- How Lean Six Sigma demonstrates alignment with core ISO qms principles
- How to use the five-step D-M-A-I-C method to improve processes.
- How to map a process and understand its inputs and outputs
- How to draft a project charter
- Overview of design of experiments (DOE)
- Overview of failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Overview of measurement system evaluation (MSE)
- How to engage in a meaningful way in ongoing continuous improvement projects
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all regulated companies in the Medical Device, Diagnostic, Pharmaceutical, and Biologics fields. The employees who will benefit include:
- Those seeking to improve their process improvement skills
- Those wanting a basic understanding of Lean Six Sigma philosophy, tools and methods
- Those who want to demonstrate effective compliance to ISO core principles
- Those who want to be able to actively participate in their organization’s six sigma program