Aseptic techniques are used to create compounded sterile products. In Microbiological term; Aseptic technique refers to prevention of microorganism contamination. This activity is most important for successfully manufacturing safe and sterile therapeutics. Continuous cleaning, meticulous processing, sterile apparel and use of specialized equipment are involved in these procedures. However, by overlooking these techniques by staff and firms results in sloppy production mostly caused by human error.
It is paramount to success, especially for injectables and biologics that depend on the sterility, safety and efficacy of products and there is no room for mistakes. During this course we will also review how quality systems helps in defining requirements for cleanrooms / aseptic technique, and how these environments should be to properly maintained.
- Definition of aseptic processing (AP)
- Terminal sterilization vs. AP
- Proper personnel behavior in a cleanroom – keeping human error out of the equation
- Facility design and how it impacts the product – mitigating risks, reaping reward
- A review of proper environmental monitoring practices and systems used
- Aseptic technique & clean room behavior – the final word
- Aseptic Operators
- Quality Assurance Departments
- Manufacturing Departments
- Microbiology Quality Control Departments